Alexey Ferapontov took part in the Northeast Asia Nuclear Safety Cooperation Conference in the Republic of Korea
On October 22-23, 2015, in Republic of Korea, Seoul, Deputy Chairman of Rostechnadzor Alexey Ferapontov took part in the Northeast Asia Nuclear Safety Cooperation Conference (The 3rd Top Regulators’ Meeting Plus).
The meeting’s agenda comprised four plenary sessions on the following matters:
- Constructive Review on the IAEA Fukushima Daiichi Accident from the Perspective of Regional Cooperation in Nuclear Safety in Northeast Asia;
- Nuclear Safety Culture;
- Summary and Review Session;
- Way Forward to improve Nuclear Safety Cooperation in Northeast Asia.
During the Conference four topical Symposiums was also held:
- Cooperation on Nuclear Safety Regulations;
- Cooperation on Emergency Preparedness Response of Nuclear Accidents;
- Cooperation on Nuclear Safety R&D;
- Cooperation on Nuclear Reactor Operators.
On October 23, the participants visited the Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI) in Daejeon and took a technical tour to KAERI safety research facilities.