Rostechnadzor Signs Agreement on Cooperation with Energy and Minerals Regulatory Commission of Jordan
The agreement between Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service (Russian Federation) and the Energy and Minerals Regulatory Commission (Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan) on cooperation in the field of nuclear and radiation safety regulation in peaceful use of atomic energy was signed through correspondence on April 6, 2016, in Moscow and on March 30, 2016, in Amman.
According to the provisions of the Agreement, interagency cooperation will be accomplished in the following main areas:
· Development of the legislative basis in the field of nuclear and radiation safety;
· Exchange of experience in licensing of activities in the field of peaceful use of atomic energy;
· Exchange of experience in oversight and control activities, including development and implementation of inspection programs;
· Exchange of experience in safety regulation in management of radioactive waste and spent nuclear fuel, including their transportation and safe storage;
· Exchange of experience in supervision of accounting and control of nuclear materials, radioactive substances, radioactive waste as well as supervision of physical protection of nuclear installations, radioactive sources, storage facilities, nuclear materials and radioactive substances.The document was signed by Rostechnadzor Chairman Alexey Aleshin and EMRC Chairman Farouq Al-Hyari.